Expanded Scholarship Opportunities for international students
In 2016, Soka University introduced a substantial expansion of scholarship opportunities for international students at the graduate level. For qualified applicants, these scholarships could offset the majority of costs of graduate study in our program.
International graduate students accepted into the School of International Peace Studies (SIPS) are automatically eligible for:
- Academic Fee Exemptions: SIPS graduate students are not required to pay university tuition or school fees (This exemption does not include application fees, admission fees, or registration fees).
- All successful international applicants to the SIPS are automatically eligible for full academic fee exemptions (exemptions for international graduate students are not income based)
- After notification of acceptance, successful international applicants will be requested to provide relevant academic fee exemption forms in lieu of tuition payment prior to the beginning of their first semester.
- Financial Support: SIPS graduate students are offered financial support for covering living expenses during the student’s graduate program. This financial support consists of the monthly stipend scholarship of JPY30,000 and salaries from Teaching Assistant opportunities.
- All successful international applicants to the SIPS are automatically eligible for monthly stipend scholarships and employment opportunities as Teaching Assistant.
- Details of the application procedures will be notified with the announcement of admission results.
- Continuing eligibility for all scholarships at the SIPS is dependent upon full-time enrollment and academic performance.
For more information on these scholarship opportunities, international graduate school applicants are invited to access more detailed information through the International Affairs Office.