- Regarding the April 2021 Entrance Ceremony
Regarding the April 2021 Entrance Ceremony
The University is currently making preparations to hold the 51st Soka University and the 37th Soka Women's College Entrance Ceremony for the AY2021 by implementing thorough measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
As of now, the spread of COVID-19 has not been contained. The government has sent a notification to consider limiting the number of people attending special events, keeping to the minimum the number of participants necessary at school events, and simplifying the event agenda as measures to prevent infection.
The university established the “Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Measures Committee” and made the following decisions for the entrance ceremony after thorough discussions, in order to protect the health of our students, their families, the local community, and other members related to Soka University.
- Only the incoming students may attend the ceremony. In addition, only the designated representatives of the faculty may attend.
- There will be no invitations issued for the parents and guardians of the graduating students (entering the campus is not allowed). We thank you for your kind understanding.
- The ceremony will be streamed online for parents and guardians to watch (for a limited period of time, and with limited access).
- For details, please look for further announcements in the “Admission Procedure Documents (mid-March).”
[Date]: Friday, April 2, 2021 *Scheduled to take place in the afternoon. Details are to be decided.
[Venue]: Ikeda Auditorium (All programs)
We are aware that the students, their families, and friends, as well as many others have been looking forward to celebrating this significant new departure, and the turn of events deeply saddens us. However, we would appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation of COVID-19 as we prepare for the events. Depending on the situation, the venue and the plan to hold the ceremony may change. In such cases, an announcement will be posted on the University website. Thank you for your cooperation.
Yasunori Tashiro, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees
Yoshihisa Baba, Soka University President