- Regarding the March 2022 Graduation Ceremony
Regarding the March 2022 Graduation Ceremony
The university is currently preparing to hold the 48th Soka University and the 36th Soka Women’s College Graduation Ceremony for AY2021. Thorough measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) will be implemented. At present, the spread of the new coronavirus continues, and the future of the infection is uncertain. Infection control measures are being implemented in regions up and down Japan. The university established the “Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Measures Committee”, and the “Graduation Management Committee” made the following decisions for the graduation ceremony in order to protect the health of our graduating students, their families, the local community, and other members related to the university.
- Only the graduating students may attend the ceremony. Faculty participation will also be limited to representatives only.
- We regret to inform you that parents and guardians of the graduating students will not be invited to the ceremony. We thank you for your kind understanding. Also, due to infection control measures, there will be no simultaneous broadcast venues on campus.
- The ceremony will be streamed online for parents and guardians to watch (for a limited period of time, and with limited access).
- For details, please look for further announcements in the “Guide for Students with Graduation Approval (late February)”.
【Schedule】Friday, March 18, 2022, 14:00 scheduled start of the ceremony (Details to be decided announced.)
■ Ikeda Auditorium (Undergraduate, Graduate, Distance Learning Division, Preparatory Japanese Language Program (Bekka Program))
■ Discovery Hall (Soka Women’s College)
We are aware that the students, their families, and friends, as well as many others, have been looking forward to the graduation ceremony, and this turn of events deeply saddens us. However, we would appreciate your understanding and cooperation. We will continue to closely monitor the situation of COVID-19 as we prepare for the graduation ceremony. Depending on the situation, the venue and the plans for the ceremony may change. If this occurs, an announcement will be posted on the university's website. Thank you for your cooperation.
Yasunori Tashiro, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees
Yoshihisa Baba, Soka University President