- faculty profiles
- MARUTA Shinsaku
|Specialized field||Living organism molecular science|
|Classes||Career vision 1
Bioinformatics Seminar 3
Bioinformatics Seminar 4
General Topics in Science and Engineering
Case Study 1
Case Study 2
Current Topics in Biofunctional Engineering
Advanced Study of Biofunctional Engineering
Advanced Course of Bioengineering
Advanced Laboratory Course of Bioengineering
Laboratory in Bioinformatics 1
Laboratory in Bioinformatics 2
|Research theme||Development of photo-driven Bionanomachine using photochromic molecules|
Bioinformatics of Graduate school of engineering
Research Interests (1) Studies on the mechanism of muscle contraction at molecular level: How chemical energy of ATP is transduced to the machinery contractile energy.
(2) Studies on the molecular mechanism of energy transduction for molecular motor kinesin utilizing ATP chemical energy.
(3) development of light-driven and light-regulated bionanomachines.
(4) Studies on structure and function for kinesin of higher plant rice.
(5) Liposome carrying light-response channel as drug delivery system
Major Publications (1) "Formation of the Stable Myosin-ADP-Aluminium Fluoride and Myosin-ADP-Beryllium Fluoride Complexes and their analysis using 19F-NMR" Maruta, S., Henry, G. D., Sykes, B. D. & Ikebe, M. (1993) J. Biol. Chem.
268, 7093 - 7100.
(2) "Photoaffinitylabelling of smooth Muscle Myosin by Methylanthraniloyl-8-azido-ATP" Maruta, S. & Ikebe, M. (1993) Biochemical Journal 292, 439-444.
(3) "Observation of Multiple Myosin Subfragment-1:ADP:Fluoroberyllate Complexes by 19F-NMR" Henry, G. D., Maruta, S., Ikebe, M., & Sykes, B. D. (1993) Biochemistry 32, 10451-10456.
(4) "Analysis of stress in the active site of myosin accompanied by conformational changes in transient state intermediate complexes using photoaffinity labeling anf 19F-NMR" Maruta, S., Henry, G. D., Ohki, T., Kambara, T., Sykes, B. D., & Ikebe, M.(1998) Eur. J. Biochem. 252, 520-529.
(5) "Characterization of the interaction of myosin with ATP analogues having synconformation with respect to the adenine-ribose bond" Maruta, S., Ohki, T., Kambara, T., & Ikebe, M. (1998) Eur. J. Biochem.
(6) "A unique loop contributing to the structure of the ATP binding cleft of skeletal muscle myosin communicates with the actin binding site" Maruta, S., & Homma, K.(1998) J. Biochem. 124, 528-533.
(7) "Interaction of a new fluorescent ATP analogue with skeletal muscle myosin subfragment-1" Maruta, S., Mizukura, Y., & Chaen, S. (2002) J. Biochem. 131, 905-911.
(8) "Determination of human myosin III as a motor protein having a protein kinase activity " Komaba, S., Inoue, A., Maruta, S., Hosoya, H., & Ikebe, M. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 21352-21360.
Awards American Heart Association Post-doctoral fellowship (1990-1991) Membership of Academic Societies Japanese Biochemical Society
Japanese Biophysical Society
Japanese Molecular Biological Society
American Biophysical Society
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
American Society for Cell Biology