Undergraduate Non-Degree Program Admission Guidelines
Duration: 1 or 2 semesters
Spring semester (April 1 – July 31)
Fall semester (September 15 – January 31)
2. ADMISSION CAPACITY
Admission in September: 40 students
(Depending on the availability of dormitory rooms, the number of students admitted may decrease).
- Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) level N5 or above. Note: candidates who have studied in a Japanese language school in Japan must have level N2 or above.
- TOEFL-iBT score 71 or above or IELTS 5.5 or above
- Native speaker of English Language
- Japanese language subjects: Table I Japan Studies Center course table. (candidates who have studied in a Japanese language school in Japan cannot enroll in these courses)
- Undergraduate Program subjects (Japanese-medium): Table II Japanese-medium Courses
Students with Japanese proficiency equivalent to or above N2 level of Japanese-Language Proficiency Test are eligible.
- Undergraduate Program subjects (English-medium): Table II English-medium Courses
Students whose native language is English or who have scored 71 or above on the TOEFL-iBT, or 5.5 or above on the IELTS are eligible.
5. APPLICATION FEE
- When applying through the Online Application system, please proceed with the Application Fee payment via credit card.
- In case you cannot use a credit card, it is possible to make the payment via bank transfer (the taxes will be under the candidate’s responsibility). If you are willing to do the bank transfer, you must contact us through the “Contact Us” page in the Online Application system.
6. APPLICATION PERIOD
Spring enrollment in April: October 20 – November 20
Applications that are not submitted within these periods will not be accepted. Please make plans accordingly.
International Affairs Office
1-236 Tangi-machi, Hachioji-shi,
Tokyo, 192-8577, JAPAN
7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
We are not responsible for the loss or damage of the application documents. We recommend using EMS or other registered mail service.
All of the following documents have to be in Japanese or English. If the original document is in any other languages, attach a translation in Japanese or English.
Soka University Non-Degree Program Application Form
Letter of recommendation (any format)
The letter is to be written by the applicant’s instructor of the current institution or the last school graduated if the applicant is not a student.
Certificate of enrollment or verification of graduation (the original)
If the applicant is currently enrolled in a higher education institution, submit the certificate of enrollment.
If the applicant has graduated from university, etc., please submit verification of graduation and verification of degree.
*Applicants from China must include a photocopy of the diploma. Please include any other documents that can verify application eligibility.
Academic transcript (the original)
Submit the transcript for the current school or the last school graduated if the applicant is not a student.
Medical examination report (form specified)
Application fee payment confirmation
When applying through the Online Application system, proceed with the payment via credit card.
Statement of Financial Eligibility
Attach a bank account balance statement with the form. The balance statement must be of the applicant or of the applicant’s parent. The amount is to be as follows:
If the account is the parent’s, additionally submit a proof of family relationship.
Certificate of language proficiency
2 copies of headshot photo, measuring 4cm by 3cm
8. NOTICE OF RESULTS
9. TUITION AND FEES
|Admission Fee||50,000 JPY|
|Health services and insurance fees||8,300 JPY|
|Admission Fee||50,000 JPY|
|Health services and insurance fees||15,260 JPY|
*Insurance fees include insurance for accidents occurred at school during classes or events, and a fixed amount of coverage for liability in Japan.
*Tuition and other fees are to be paid at the time of enrollment procedures.